Thursday, December 11, 2008

Odds and Ends

So, today was one of those days that had a long to-do list, but quite varied. I got everything done except I haven't pinned a quilt on the longarm -- I'll leave that for tomorrow, but I did make the backing and press both the back and top, so it won't take much to do the next step -- this is the auction top I've been working on, so I want to get it done and out of the way.

I ran errands yesterday and stopped at JoAnn's with a couple of 50% off coupons. I didn't really need anything, so gravitated to the books, of course. I picked up one on fabric postcards. So far I have resisted the urge to make postcards, mostly because I didn't want to add another addiction, plus I'm not nearly as creative as some I have seen on others' blogs. I did buy the book however. Then came home and printed off Mary's tutorial on postcards -- which is written and illustrated so well, I certainly didn't need to waste my 50% coupon on the book! vbg So, today I dug out my non-fusible stabilizer and my fusible web and made up 3 postcards. These are quite un-imaginative, but I wanted to play. I'll send them to the grandkids as they are. Boy, did that not scratch that itch! I have some ideas already simmering, so I've ordered some envelopes and will let the ideas flow ..... as soon as I finish the wallhanging I have to make Steph for Christmas, and finish the auction quilt!

I haven't forgotten the ideas for printing recipes, but that's been put on the back burner temporarily -- until I finish the Christmas gift! I did test my idea for printing them, so we're good to go with that.

I've also been thinking about my goals for next year. Not only the things I want to accomplish, but ideas on how to go about accomplishing things and keeping track of finished things. I also decided that even though I do work a lot with my stash, I will also be buying fabric next year -- I like the look of brighter colors in my scrap quilts, and most of my stash is more on the muted colors side.

Gratitudes:

Having a varied to-do list, so jumping from one thing to the next actually means getting something done!

Being inspired by other quilters -- Mary for one, is very creative. Mel is also very creative and inspiring to me. They both have such great ideas.

3 comments :

YankeeQuilter said...

Starting a new technique like postcards can really get the creative juices going! Have fun with it!

Melanie said...

I love your Chrismas Cards!!! Makes me want to hit the sewing machine--- do you think they will let me bring it to work?!?!?!?! Christmas parties this weekend but Monday all my Christmas Packages to relatives will be shipped south... so maybe I can quilt....
Great job....

Mary Johnson said...

I think they look great - I like simple.