Saturday, July 14, 2007

Heartstrings

Jackie finished the binding and sewed the label on and we have another finished Heartstrings quilt. This one was made with 32 blocks from my guild, and 31 blocks donated to the Heartstrings Quilt Project. We'll take it to guild on Monday evening. I used a panto on this one called "Alfresco" by Lorien Quilting, which you can find at WillowLeaf Studios (I don't have the link at the moment!).


Today Jackie and I went to the little quilt show at Byronfest. It was a nice little show. My Pressed Memories quilt won a second place ribbon. It was judged by Jill from Sew Many Antiques in Pearl City, IL (my favorite quilt shop). She always puts nice encouraging notes when she judges.
Gratitudes:
It was a nice day -- no humidity.
Time for relaxing and talking after the show -- we spent at least an hour over a dish of ice cream, and I think both of us needed it.
Crock pots.

5 comments :

~Bren~ said...

Did I miss it? Where is Will?
Congrats on the 2nd place. What an honor. I use to go to Byronfest as a teenager.

mary said...

congratulations on your winning quilt. I also love sew many antiques. Their fabric choices just speak to me....... Loudly

Take me home, take me home LOL

Susan said...

Congratulations on your ribbon!

Mary Johnson said...

The HeartStrings quilt looks wonderful - WLS is one of my favorite places to shop for pantographs.

Lynn Dykstra said...

Beautifyl heartstrings! How nice that your guild's blocks were mixed with donated ones.