Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

This was the bouquet of flowers I received from DS and DDIL on Friday. They are still beautiful today.
We all went out for breakfast this morning (thank heavens I made reservations because I think every resident of our small town was at the same restaurant this morning and we didn't have to wait a minute). Then we came home here and celebrated Bill's 81st birthday (today), and Deb's 54th birthday on the 1st in addition to Mother's Day. Bill and I received a digital photo frame from DD & DSIL and the grandkids. Pretty cool -- you put the memory card from the digital camera into it and it plays the pictures. So, DD's camera and mine are the same type and we will be exchanging memory cards often to get all the photos of the grandkids playing continuously!
Now all the kids have gone to their next Mother's Day activity and Bill and I are relaxing on the computers. When I finish here, I'm going to take some more migraine pills (I had two glasses of wine at dinner last night!), and then hopefully mark a quilt and load it on the machine.

I think (knock on wood), that the computers have fixed their own problems -- whatever it was.

Gratitudes:
The computer seems to have stopped freezing up for now.
Beautiful gifts and precious time with our kids and grandchild.
Rain showers this morning -- good for all the plantings I did this past week.
Finally getting an idea early this morning on how to quilt the one that's been waiting for awhile.

2 comments :

Carol said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your day...that's what Mother's Day is for. Glad your computer took care of itself...what a mystery these machines are, but what would we do without them.

YankeeQuilter said...

Glad to hear you had a nice mother's Day. Isn't funny how a quilt will finally tell you how it wants to be quilted! Have fun with it!