Sunday, November 12, 2006

Answers

Thanks for the compliments on Gratitude. I'm real happy with it and my plans are to quilt it and give it to Bill (DH) for Christmas -- after all, he's my biggest gratitude!

Updated pictures of AJ: I have some adorable pictures of AJ and Briana but cannot get my scanner to work worth anything today. Need to find the original cd and re-install, I think, but finding the cd is the key! vbg

The colors of the quilt are scrappy, with green borders and tan, not gold. I do have the dark gold in the scrappy parts. I've noticed the pictures on my pc come out really dark and hard to tell the colors, but the pictures on my laptop come out great! Guess I should use my laptop all the time!

Weeks' embroidery floss: the label says right on it that it is not colorfast and should not be washed. I used it in the punch needle projects and don't ever plan to wash them anyway. I do like the floss -- it gives such a nice subtle color change. It is expensive though -- around here it's about $2 a skein.

I haven't been able to get to everyone's blog lately, but I want you to know I think of you all and will try to catch up soon!

And thanks, everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. I feel really blessed with our blog family of quilters!

5 comments :

Libby said...

I have seen Weeks floss, but have not tried it. I do like how it gives a dimension to your project. Oh my -- time to shop *s*

david santos said...

Joane, muito bonito, parabéns.
David-santos "Só Verdades"

Susan said...

I didn't find that the washing and vinegar changed the color all that much. I am more likely to use Needle Necessities anyway, but thought I'd try the Weeks, as it is less expensive.

Judy said...

Glad the biopsy came out fine. I love the new quilt, it looks fantastic!

YankeeQuilter said...

I love the Weeks colors - bought a handful before leaving the states but haven't used it yet! Your quilt looks great.
Siobhan