Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Back At It

I worked 2.5 - 3 hours today on the 1 hour quilt. It's been a few days since I last worked on it, and I was on a roll. I have all 20 blocks to this stage now and will start sashing next time (tomorrow).
I did this applique block on Saturday night. I have another ready to go, but I've been reading at night instead of appliqueing -- I'll get back to it after I finish my book.


Gratitudes:
1. Bill is going to get some angle iron to make new tracks for the Handiquilter -- that should hopefully solve some problems with the HQ. And, it buys time on saving for the longarm. :-)
2. Lunch with Deb yesterday.
3. A wool penny rug workshop at guild on Monday -- great instructors and lots of fun -- although there's another unfinished project waiting in the wings.
4. Making decisions on Christmas gifts to make.

10 comments :

Melzie said...

that block is scrappy and beautiful :) Everytime I see someones I think thats my fave then I see the next one, thats my fave ETC lol :) xoxo melzie

quiltpixie said...

the applique is going well. I take it the book is pretty good and not an audiobook...

Libby said...

Your blocks are looking great. Maybe next go round, I'll get on the 1 hour project bandwagon, too.

Mrs. Moody said...

Great job on the 1 hour blocks!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow - that's alot of sewing time for you today! My sewing time is in stolen moments here and there, but in the end - it all adds up! I really like your color combo on the 1 hour quilt! Beauty!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Bonnie said...

Nice scrappy block for the 1-hour quilt. The green fabric in the upper left-hand corner looks like the same fabric I have in one of my squares!

Sandra said...

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing your churn dash quilt all sashed up and ready to quilt. The colours are great.

Hedgehog said...

I just love that red in the middle!

Dawn said...

Oh your blocks look wonderful! The fabric you used on the shoo fly is one of my favorite fabrics! I just love the red color and the design on it!

Judy said...

I think the colors for the quilt are wonderful!!