Some of these blocks are rather large. They're fun to applique by hand. The last one I'm working on, however, is rather a big pain in the neck. The house block has three roof pieces and two side pieces that are sewn to the large house piece. Instructions are sketchy, at best (don't even get me started on that). They recommend you sew the pieces together by machine before appliqueing down. I spent a good hour today doing that and frog stitching, sewing and frog stitching, sewing and frog stitching.....finally got a good facsimilie and that's as good as it's going to be! Tonight I'll applique it to the background. (My personal opinion is that it is probably easier to just applique the pieces together.)
Spent some time cleaning out the built-in shelves in my sewing room today too. Good news is that I did this last year and tossed a lot of stuff. I was absolutely amazed how much easier it was to clean the shelves this year. I wouldn't have had to do that, but I tend to "throw" things in there when I'm in a hurry and the front of the shelves was a mess! Bad news is there is still so much "stuff" that they don't look too neat in the pictures -- but I'm happy with them, so that's what counts! This is the "after" picture. The two baskets on the bottom shelf in the back hold scraps -- the goal is to get them put into the plastic drawers I bought for scraps and recycle the baskets somewhere else!